Orlando- Universal Studios
Our main reason to visit Orlando was to experience Universal Studios. We planned our whole trip around this theme park. We visited the theme park on a Monday which meant shorter lines and not as many kids. I am sure that during the summer visiting both parks is not possible. Both parks are huge and have so much to do. We were able to visit both parks in one day. Even though we visited both theme parks we were able to ride all the roller coasters. A night before, we planned our whole day because we wanted to make sure we covered as much as possible. We enjoyed our day and the weather was great (which made it even better). Even though our trip was short, it was fun and sweet.
I know that many will be visiting Universal Studios in the next upcoming months. Below are my top 5 do's and don'ts.
Top 5 Do's and Don'ts at Universal Studios:
1. Visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter first because the lines in this area are the longest
2. Make sure to try a giant pink donut at Lard Lad Donuts in the Simpson's area
3. Make sure to try butter beer (Don't use a straw)
4. Plan your day accordingly! You don't want to miss any of the parades/shows they have throughout the day.
5. Visit City Walk
1. Don't leave The Wizarding World of Harry Potter until you see the fire breathing dragon
2. Don't try to have dinner at City Walk without a reservation. If you decide to have lunch/dinner at City Walk make sure to arrive before you are hungry because lines can be long.
3. Unfortunately, when we visited the park many areas were under construction. Don't visit before you verify which areas are under construction. We were disappointed because we did not get to ride The Hulk.
4. Don't leave before riding every ride.
5. Don't arrive late to any of the parades because you will not find a good view.