Let's cook!! #4thofJuly
Fourth of July is almost here!! Fourth of July is one of my favorite holiday because you are able to just hang out and cook all day with your family. I enjoy sitting out, turning on the BBQ pit and cooking on this holiday. We usually go "potluck style" on this holiday, and I am responsible for appetizers and drinks. I am going to share one of my favorites and popular recipes that I make for 4th of July. All ofmy recipes are easy and quick to make, and best of all none of them require a million different ingredients.
One of my favorite and simple recipes is pigs in a blanket with a homemade Honey Mustard Sauce. This recipe is simple and fun to make. I make it every year and it is a great appetizer to kick off our festivities. My Recipe is listed below.
Piggies in a Blanket
1 Pack of original Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (8 Rolls)
4 Oscar Mayer sausages
2 Slices of Kraft Singles cheese
1 Slice of Oscar Mayer bacon
1 tablespoon of butter
1 cookie sheet
1. Preheat your over for 375 degrees.
2. Spread your tablespoon of butter on cookie pan. The butter will help the rolls not stick to pan, and will add a small hint of butter to rolls.
3. There are three different types of Pigs in the Blanket that I made which were sausage and cheese, sausage, cheese and jalapeno and sausage cheese and bacon. You can make them all different or pick your favorite. If you want to add a little extra, you can mix in a slice of white cheese too. Open your Pillsburry Crescent Rolls and lay them out. I had such a hard time getting all the rolls separately, but trust me it's worth it.
4. Slice your Oscar Mayer sausages in half so you will have 8 small sausages. Next, cut you bacon slices in half, cut your jalapeno in long pieces, and cut your cheese in rectangles. After, you have your 8 slices you will make a slit down the middle and add cheese down the middle. When your sausages are stuffed with cheese you can pick if you want to add Jalapeno, bacon or both. You can pick what other ingredients you want to use.
6. When you have your sausages ready and stuffed it is time to roll them in the crescents. You will start at the top of the crescent and roll down until you have your piggy is rolled in his blanket.
7. Place your piggies on the cookie sheet, and make sure they have a good distance between them. Depending on your cookie sheet I like to put 8 in one cookie sheet. After you have placed your piggies on the cookie sheet, pop in the oven and put your timer on for 20 minuets or until golden crisp.
8. Take them out carefully and enjoy!!
Home Made Honey Mustard Sauce
4 tbsp. of Honey
1/2 cup of Mayo
3 tbsp. of Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp. of Paprika (optional)
1. This is a very simple recipe. All you have to do is mix all of the ingredients together. I like to add a bit of Paprika so that it can have a bit of a spicy taste. However, adding the paprika is completely optional.
This is a simple recipe that my cousins and I enjoy making together. I am not the best cook so I always choose a simple, fun and good recipe for this time of year. If you have any suggestions please let me know in the comments below.